We have seven aims to help achieve this:
- To promote responsible and sustainable fish and seafood consumption.
- To support a wide range of responsibly sourced seafood in the UK market.
- To commit to the SSC voluntary code of conduct on environmentally responsible fish and seafood sourcing.
- To commit to the SSC voluntary code of conduct on environmental claims.
- To influence changes in policy relevant to seafood sustainability at UK, EU and international level, where deemed appropriate by members.
- To build national and global alliances.
- To inform the public debate on seafood.